Thursday, January 25, 2018

Weather and Recess Update

I just wanted to let parents know what has been going on for recess and why we have been inside for so many consecutive days. Our school encourages students to get outside whenever possible and knows students need fresh air. Unless it is too icy, raining or too cold/too cold with wind chill we can go outside. Yesterday everything had frozen over from the rain the previous day and was a sheet of ice and today with windchill, the office announced indoor recess since it is only 9 degrees. Students seem content with recess inside and today I am giving them an extended one, however, we will be going outside as soon as given the okay (hopefully tomorrow). My apologies but on days like this when we are told it's not safe, my hands are tied. Safety first. I hope we have an early spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment